CULT: Herbicidal Drift

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: Herbicidal Drift
  • From: SOkase@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 21:19:03 -0600 (MDT)

Hi L-ers,
I couldn't wait to get home from work today to see if anyone had any
experience coping with herbicidal drift. Thanks everyone for your comments.
>From the way the stalks and flowers look I would guess that the culprit is
Round Up. My neighbor and I are good friends and in the past when she was
going to spray she would tell me in advance and I would put tarping up to
avoid such an incident. Apparently, it slipped her mind to let me know this
time. Also, she hires workers from the local mission to come in and do the
dirty deed so they probably don't give a rat's ass which plants live or die.
Boooo Hoooo!!!!!
It seems the general consensus is that they will probably live through this
episode so I will water and feed them and hope for the best. Thanks all for
your concern and advice. I really appreciate it in my dark hour. I am so
depressed about it I think I am going to send myself a sympathy card.

Iris Maniac
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle Washington
Zone 8