SPEC: X Robusta

To Ian Efford and Jan Clark,
My I. X Robusta "Beetroot" is about ready to bloom. It is my first year having
it but it seems to be growing well. Stems on this variety however, are green,
not black like Gerald Darby. The red-purple leaf bases are not as striking as
I thought they would be. Flowers are still in bud but look much the same as
Gerald Darby. Between the two, I think Gerald Darby is the more striking.

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, Washington
Zone 8