CULT: Nematodes (was Oh Promise Meeeeee! ???)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: Nematodes (was Oh Promise Meeeeee! ???)
  • From: "John I. Jones" <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 22:52:53 -0600 (MDT)

The Hiltibidals wrote:

> "....beneficial nematodes....according to research at the University of
> Maryland, the nematodes - a natural, nontoxic product that consists of tiny
> soil-dwelling wroms - can control iris borers even better than chemical
> insecticides do.  Maryland researchers

--  snip  --

This is a subject near and dear to everyone's heart (at least those in
existing or potential borer country)

There have been several discussions on nematodes and there are lots of
postings in the archives about the subject..I think these two forms have been
mentioned before but I would have check to be sure. The last I remember there
had been no real test with controls conducted, but I may be all wet about that.

Any article about borers and/or nematodes is very interesting to all and worth
reporting on.

--
REMEMBER:

Cut out that superfluous "Reply" text

Edit those Subject lines.

Use(edit) the right Category

---

On June 4th in:

780, B.C., the first total solar eclipse reliably recorded is noted by the Chinese.

1070, Roquefort cheese was created in a cave near Roquefort, France.

1784, Marie Thible becomes the world's first female pilot when she guides a
hot-air balloon over Lyons, France.

1896 - Henry Ford took a trial run in his Ford automobile around the streets
of Detroit, MI. The road test was delayed an hour because the car is wider
than the door of the shed in which it is built.

1942, "Mrs. Miniver" starring Walter Pidgeon and Greer Garson premiered at the
Radio City Music Hall.

and at the top of the charts in:
1955 - Rock Around the Clock - Bill Haley & His Comets

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.
http://members.home.net/jijones