Re: CULT: Herbicidal Drift

Sterling wrote:

"Also, she hires workers from the local mission to come in and do the
dirty deed so they probably don't give a rat's xxx which plants live or die."

Again, here's a reason why we all have to good reason to be fearful with the
sale of "effective" herbicides through garden centers/homeowners markets.
It's bad enough when the homeowner applies them.  Each spring my neighbor
does her "weed and feed" deal through the hose, and we have our annual
"chat" about why her clematis (and other shrubs) are  all twisted and
distorted--and why my young dogwood trees are suffering--and it does
absolutely no good.  But what can you do with neighbors--even those who are
damaging their own plants?

I know the offender in Sterling's case was Roundup (and a thoughtless
neighbor) bit I think it's getting  worse now than what it used to be when
it was only 2,4-D in these formulations--now they include dicamba ("Banvel")
which is the most notorius "drifter" in the whole ag-chem spectrum.  The
absolute worst offender of all ag-chem packagers has to be, in my opinion,
Ortho, with these absolutely disgusting ads showing the homeowner, getting
out of his hammock, and laying to waste weeds and insects by spraying
diazinon or 2,4-D/dicamba formulations through their garden hose--without
care of what he may doing to beneficial insects or his neighbor's gardens.

If there ever was a company in need of boycott because of it's products and
ads, it would have to be this one.

There--I've said it and feel better!

Bob in the Ozarks
Enjoying some cool weather to extend the blooms on my gorgeous JI.  (GALATEA