Re: Dead Bloom Stalk

Dennis Bishop wrote:
>  I have found that one of the Iris that had been sent to me and
>  I had found was going to bloom, that the bloom stalk had never
>  gotten more than 1/2 the way up inside the fan and had died!

Can you describe the death process? Wilted, Dried out, rotted, bent over, shriveled?

Could be different things.

On June 5th in:

70, A.D., Titus & his Roman legions breach the middle wall of Jerusalem.

1783 - The Montgolfier brothers made the first hot air balloon ascension on
this day. Their balloon went up, successfully,  to 1,500 feet over Annonay,
France for about ten minutes...

1907, The first automatic washer and dryer are introduced; the next day, the
first sock was reported missing.

1977, first personal computer, the Apple II, went on sale.

and at the top of the charts in:
1956 - Blue Suede Shoes - Carl Perkins

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.