OT: Blackberry Lily

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: Blackberry Lily
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 21:05:09 -0600 (MDT)

> I've generally found it quite hardy.  I'd had it growing for a couple of
> years befoire the 2 up and died.  They're completely winter deciduous
> and we're only Zone 8.
     Do you have any idea what happened to it?  I know that Blackberry
Lilies would overwinter unprotected in USDA Zone 5/6 Lexington, KY.
     Today. I found the first buds on one of my Blackberry Lily plants.  So
far, the clumps are looking neater than they did in Kentucky.  May be the
greater amount of sun.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.    USDA Zone 8/9