Re: Southeast Alaska Blooms

>Mark Cook wrote:
>> Duane,
>> I am glad you are getting some bloom.  I wonder if Kathy in Anchorage
>> has bloom yet?

Kathy exuberantly replied:

>One setosa bloom in front of a coffee house in Anchorage. I have been by
>for two "Iris Lattes". May has been a little cool and was one of the
>windiest on record. We are saying it is "El Meano" of course, but who
>knows. The iris flats may be blooming in a week and my iris bogs in 10
>BUT...I heard on the news tonight there are reports in Juneau, Alaska of
>a sighting of a man on the iris flats behind that city who is acting
>strangely. The person, unnamed (except by the initials D.B.) <<<<<<<SNIP
AND DISCARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>Kathy Haggstrom (who is staying away from Juneau for a while)
>Anchorage, AK

And to think in a private message she led me to believe she WASN'T jealous
that Juneau bloomed before Anchorage! Oh well, I wonder about the Anchorage
news reports of an unidentified small black aircraft  dive bombing anyone
that appears about to enter any large meadow that might contain a wild
iris. Newscasters are saying the reports are quite confusing as there is
engine noise, but everyone making a report says the engine sounds are
masked by what seems to be a female screeching at the top of her lungs. I
wonder what she's saying?

Kathy, is your airplane still colored black?

Duane Buell            USDA Zone 5b-6a
9131 Glacier Hwy #2, Juneau, Alaska 99801