Re: That strange fellow in Juneau

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: That strange fellow in Juneau
  • From: Duane Buell <dbuell@ptialaska.net>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 02:53:18 -0600 (MDT)

Kathy,

I promise I didn't ask Lorraine to tell you I was getting a bunch of irises
that won't grow in Anchorage. Please believe me. And strafing runs aren't
advised as I usually have my bear protection with me when I leave the house.

D.B.

At 01:31 AM 6/6/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Kathy:
>	I really enjoyed your post about that strange fellow in the flats near
>Juneau.  Especially since, just this afternoon, I mailed D.B. a large
>box of my "throwaway orphans", and if they grow for him in Juneau, he
>will certainly have glazed over eyes next Spring when they, by chance,
>bloom in the far North.  He tells me the temperatures in Juneau are not
>that different than Quincy, WA, only there is more moisture.
>	Lorraine, at LORRAINE'S IRIS PATCH, in Quincy, where we had another
>hard shower this afternoon.  Not our usual summer.

Duane Buell            USDA Zone 5b-6a
9131 Glacier Hwy #2, Juneau, Alaska 99801
http://www.outdoorhq.com
907-789-9785