O.T. Re: Southeast Alaska Blooms

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: O.T. Re: Southeast Alaska Blooms
  • From: Daryl/Kathy Haggstrom <hagg@alaska.net>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 22:10:20 -0600

Duane Buell wrote:

> And to think in a private message she led me to believe she WASN'T jealous
> that Juneau bloomed before Anchorage!
I know, please forgive me - I was overcome last night when I saw that
pix you sent of your first bloom of the season. I'm not sure what
happened to me after that.

> I wonder about the Anchorage news reports of an unidentified small black
> aircraft dive bombing anyone that appears about to enter any meadow that
> contain a wild iris.
Newscasters- do they get anything right?

> reports are quite confusing as there is engine noise, but everyone says
> the engine sounds are masked by what seems to be a female screeching at
> the top of her lungs. I wonder what she's saying?
Actually that was the passenger screaming "Pull up. Pull up."

> Kathy, is your airplane still colored black?
Er...no, it's ummhh...white. Why do you ask?

LORRAINE: I, too, have enabled Duane in his addiction by sending him
iris. :-)

On a more serious note (as this is seriously O.T.): Enjoy your next
month iris hunting. You'll have a wonderful fulfilling month, I know.
We'll both be tired come August. (And hopefully, back to normal sanity,
as I'm not sure we are right now).

Kathy Haggstrom
Anchorage, Alaska USA
Zone 3 (cool weather/rain)