Re: Cult:Short Bloom

Just so you all know, all these pseudo listserver posts will alsp be
going into the archives, so we won't lose the information.

John

Now on with the show....

Teresa Cobb wrote:

> OK, I do have a strange thing happening on one of my iris.  It seems
> that at ground level, right between the fans (actually splitting out of
> a leaf) is an iris bloom!  I don't th

Tammy King replys

OOoh, Teresa, same thing happened to me with a DB!! Bloom was trying to
get
out of the fans at the base...no stalk!! I was waiting til the list
comes
back up to send it, but now that you've posed this question, I'll be
anxious
see if anyone knows....

Tammy K...
--------------

Rima writes:

Hi theresa--
I had almost exactly the same thing happen -- Cabot Cove just barely
emerged as a bud but bloomed gloriously altho it did look funny having
this huge bloom sticking out, and it happened to another one (can't
recall which).  and almost all of my irises are in bloom.  Someof the
new ones from last year are not in bloom at all and one is blooming (?)
with just the standards and no falls.  Weird!  the weather?  I just
don't know.

Rima  terra@catskill.net
upstate ny   zone 4
-----------------------

Mark Cook writes:

Teresa,

     Several things can cause this to happen.  When I grew Irises in
Zone
5/6 Kentucky, I noticed that first year plants had a greater tendency to
do
this.  Also, late frosts and/or insufficient moisture can cause this to
happen.

At this time, I wish to express great thanks to John I. Jones for
providing this service for sending messages while the Listserver is
down.
     Donald, the Spreklia seeds got here.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net