Cult: Seedling frost sensitivity.

Jan Clark writes:

Today I am planting my 200 seedlings into open beds. They range in
height from 1/2" to 5" (3 leaves) and will be planted into 3 large
framed beds, with edges 5" above ground level. This allows me to cver
them with bird wire to protect them from my cats. We have been having
mild frosts here each morning (Remember it is the beginning of winter
here). My seedlings have been protected up to now (under shade cloth),
but I'm worried that one black frost might wipe them out. Can anyone
help me with this?Until I know for sure, I thought I would cover them at
night with sheets of plastic. Jan Clark, in Australia, where jonquils
and snow drops started blooming on the first day of winter.