Cult: Seedling frost sensitivity.

Jan Clark sends:

Teresa wrote:

>It seems that at ground level, right between the fans
(actually splitting out of a leaf) is an iris bloom!

I have had two of these this year. I don't think they wanted to come out
of their warm places. One was Chocolate vanilla. What worries me is -
CV's standards were blue and should be white. Is this just the colour
in  the bud, or a reblooming  (cold weather) abberation? As the source
was a 'backyarder' I want to see the flower and decide if  it is in fact
CV, but looks as if I might have to wait until Spring 99.  Are the well
grown increases likely to bloom in spring (October here)  now that the
mother rz has bloomed?

To Dennis Bishop:

I would divide the rz down the middle and place them in two pots of good
soil, and put them somewhere they can't get trodden on. I lose more tiny
increase from standing on them, than any other reason. I think you might
eventually get some increase.

Jan Clark