Re: CULT: Pod identification / was -Seed Pod Success?
- To: Multiple recipients of list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: CULT: Pod identification / was -Seed Pod Success?
- From: "John I. Jones" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:44:47 +0000
- References: <028b43739041268UPIMSSMTPUSR01@email.msn.com>
Barbara Mann wrote:
> >> When I started pollenating TB's I realised that tying tags was not going
> >> to help identify pods if 2 in the one socket were pollenated by
> >> different pollen parents. I marked the base of each pollenated flower
> >> with a spirit marker and as the pod enlarged, marked each pod with a
> >> number. The number was recorded with the details of the cross. If you
> >> have several stems in a clump, these can be numbered in the same way.
> Good idea, Jan! I haven't had to worry about this problem much because I
> severely limit the number of crosses I make in any season (I allow myself to
> make one single cross each morning before heading out to work), so normally
> I would never have more than one pod forming in a socket. It's just that
> the bees weren't listening to my game plan this year.
> Barb in Santa Fe, where the forecast for today is "very windy", which means
> really, really windy.