The end of Iris-L

From: Tom Tadfor Little <telp@rt66.com>

Did I get your attention?

My most recent exchange with the support crew at Rt66 has had an unexpected
outcome. Rather than responding to my complaint by fixing the problem or
giving me a status report, they decided that they didn't like my
complaining and told me I "had not been paying" the $75/month charge for
running a mailing list. (The rate they had quoted me when I set up the list
was $10/month), and that I would have to pay this if I wanted to continue
the service (what service? I thought).

Anyway, I think the choice is clear. There will be no Iris-L@Rt66.com from
now on. I expect Iris-talk@onelist.com will meet our needs well enough. If
not, we can always explore other options.

Recent events have left me with no enthusiasm whatsoever for moderating the
Iris list, in whatever form it may take. John has set up this list for us,
and I think he can run it well if he so chooses. If he is unable to do so,
a new listowner can be appointed or elected. I leave that to John and to
the rest of you.

I'm glad I was able to help start the first iris mailing list, and enjoyed
my involvement in it as both participant and list owner. But I think it's
time to move on.

John, I'd appreciate it if you forwarded this message to your bcc list, as
I'm sure there are plenty of Iris-L subscribers who are not one Iris-talk yet.

Cheers, Tom.