Calling all iris-l refugees..

From: Ellen Gallagher <sibrob@ncia.net>

Hi all,

I know there are at least 14 others out there on iris-talk. Kudos to
John for doing this for us. :))

I am still in Siberian bloom season but it sadly is passing....some of
the JIs are in tight green bud and two of the very early ones are
showing a little bit of color at the tip of the bud. I now realize I
should have divided them last year since a few seem to have fewer
bloomstalks than I expected...and with Japanese iris you can easily feel
the growing rhizome at ground level when they are growing out of their
space. They are planted very deep here in the far north (about 4" down).
I will have to take an ax to them...better let my husband do that since
I am very fond of my toes and feet. :))

The lilium and daylilies are loaded with buds (the beds are also loaded
with weeds - it has been raining for three weeks and I been remiss in
not running out there during the few lulls of the *monsoon season* here
in the temperate rain forest we live in. Wish we could send the storm
clouds to the drought stricken south, especially.

Cheers,

Ellen