CULT: blooms and such

The TBs are finishing up and about half the SIBs are in full bloom now. Spurias just kicked into full gear even though they'd been moved this spring and the psuedacorus and laevigata are going like crazy.

First JI just bloomed yesterday.... one of those unnamed freebies that was tossed into an order for other perennials. This one is a 3F pansy purple with violet blue stylearms. Quite a few others of the same type in different colors are budded up nicely and should open in another day or two.

Surprise buds on CASCADE CREST from Foxbrook this spring! :-) The plants are shorter than they would be if completely established but aren't looking stressed at all so will let my curiosity get the better of me and allow them to open.

Thunderstorms over the past week did some real damage. Scapes on quite a few of the TBs laid down and pods got knocked off. Phone was zapped and out of commission for the two days that it took to realize that we still had service UP TO the house. Thank goodness for long extension cords.  Some special crosses made it through the downpours and hail but a lot didn't. MOHR BLUE managed to hang onto one pod set by BREAKERS and a fringed seedling that was selfed is holding in there as well. Luckily, I didn't have very many crosses made this year and nothing that I can't repeat on the beardeds.  The JIs and psueds loved the storms.

Forecast is for milder conditions and a bit more sunshine and I'm hoping they're right. We could use a bit of warmth for a change.

Christy Hensler
Newport, WA z4b

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef