Florida Report.

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

     Today, we got about one-half inch rain, but we still need a lot more.
So far, the Water Irises, Virginicas, Louisianas, TB's and a couple of
Siberians are still doing fairly well.  So is Iris tridentata, but if only
it would rain good.  Today was the 26th consecutive day in which the
thermometer reached or exceeded 100 F.  We are now on watering restrictions
that allow the use of sprinklers two days per week.
     The Blackberry Lilies do not appear to be affected by the record heat.
 The Trimezias are blooming, with more bloom stems forming daily.
     I want to see updates as to the performance of Robert Turley's Irises
in USDA Zone 9a Louisiana.  If they grow there, they should grow in USDA
Zone 8/9 Florida.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.