OT-BIO Maureen Mark

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Thank you, John for your herculean effort to keep the list going and
organizing this back-up list.

I've been reading the posts forwarded by John for the past few weeks but
have been very busy with a new job.  For those who do e-mail me
privately, please note the new e-mail addresses.

Sandy and I are hoping to visit Buffalo this week-end for the JI show if
anyone is able to give any details.  Kathy Guest, are you reading this?

Bloom season is just about over for us.  Our last JI seedling (grown
from seeds we got from Park Seed about six years ago) is on its last
blooms.  It has been a fabulous season with an early start and cool
weather to hold the TBs longer than normal. We are hoping for good
rebloom this year.

But iris season doesn't appear to be anywhere over in the wild.  Two
weekends ago, I was surprised by a healthy clump of pseudacorus growing
at the lakeside on a visit to MacKenzie King's estate in the Gatineau
hills.  Our pseudacorus had finished blooming at least a week before
that.  This past weekend I found I. versicolor beside the bullrushes in
a pond at my brother-in-law's countryside home.

As iris season is over for us, Sandy is getting ready to dig that last
bit of sunny lawn for the new acquisitions this year.  And I've actually
managed to send in bids for CIS silent auction.  Sandy only managed to
make one cross this year -- Pink PeleXGnu Rayz.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)
mmark@ottawa.com (also mmark@home.com, markm@tc.gc.ca)