Re: Dykes Eligibles

From: "John I. Jones" <nospam@mallorn.com>

Donald Eaves wrote:
> From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
> Are judges the voters for the medal?  Will they have seen all the
> candidates in gardens?  Do they have to have seen them growing
> for more than a season?  Assuming judges do the voting, are there
> more judges from populated areas who might shift the balance of
> the vote to a variety which does well in their area?

I am only a Judge trainee, but I will try to answer some of htis.

Yes judges are the ones who vote the Dykes. Their rules say:

First(and most important) judges are supposed to only vote for those
irises they have seen blooming in a garden for more than one year.
Pictures in catalogs do not count.

Each AIS Region is allowed to have only a limited number of judges based
on their membership size. Regions are designed (I think) to try to
balance size.

John Jones, nospam@mallorn.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.

Subscribe to iris-talk at: