Re: OT-CHAT: Riverview iris gardens

From: "Rusty Thornsburg" <rtburg@mailexcite.com>

>From: <JEM300@aol.com>
>

>When I was looking for certain irises Bruce Filardi responded that some of
>them that I was after could be obtained at Riverview Iris Gardens (Tony and
>Irene DeRose).

Hi Linda! (and all the listers, too...)

You mentioned Tony DeRose by name, and it reminded me of a hilarious um... faux
pas I made at the convention.  On the first day of bus tours, as soon as I
arrived back at the hotel, I *ran* to the Silent Auction.  Everything I had bid
on had been bid on by a guy named Tony DeRose... EVERY SINGLE IRIS I WANTED, he
outbid me for.  Frustrated, I said half to myself, half outloud... "Who the heck
is Tony DeRose?"  The man standing across the table from me stood up, (he had
been bidding on an iris) and his nametag read: Tony DeRose.  I was so mortified.
 Luckily, he is actually quite nice and funny, too, so he didn't hold it over my
head or anything, in fact, he actually let me "have" a few of the irises I was
bidding for!

Off topic, I know, but I just couldn't help it!

Rusty

http://www.mailexcite.com