Re: OT-CHAT: OT's and archives

From: "John I. Jones" <nospam@mallorn.com>

Jan Clark wrote:

> Perhaps you are just feeling more relaxed this week John, after a hectic
> few weeks of maintaining the list by hand?

I know I am... I even have time to read posts now...:>))

> BTW Nothing seems to be happening yet with Iris-l, and the web page
> still gives no indication that the list is down.

Just based on what he has said, I would not expect him to change the web page.

I used to be able to send "review" requests to the listserver and if it was
down I would get an error message. Rt66 seems to have done someting to absorb
that message (with no response) since last thursday or so.

> The only difference is that when you search for the archives, you get
> diverted to a different address to find them. Any ideas why?

The archives have always been at http://www.mallorn.com/lists/iris-l/ or are
you getting something different than that?

> Also a search for Iris-talk brings up an address for an information
> retrieval system! Perhaps some of the people with iris web pages could
> direct people to iris-talk, even if only for the short term.

Good point! I will have to fix mine up too.

John Jones, nospam@mallorn.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.
http://members.home.net/jijones

Subscribe to iris-talk at: