weather in Fla./elsewhere

The weather in Florida sounds as uncomfortable as the winter in the northern
states. I'll be folks are just as confined as they might be in a blizzard.

ANYHOW, the north Buffalo location where I am has escaped (avoided/skirted, etc)
all the rain in June. I'm not sure what the rainfall amount here has been, but
it is VERY VERY VERY dry!

Just south of here, even in the metro part of the City, it has rained. Blooms
on the daylilies are not coming out right.... iris are wilting....poppies are
HOT, tho. This probably weakens trees as much as standing in cold & wet  of
last winter.

I don't recall ANY days above 80F in summer '97. This year, we hit 80F by
9 AM and smog (but they don't officially call it that....whatelse makes one
cough for days and days and days?) CONSTANTLY!

Good luck down there with the fires in Florida!

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY