Re: Desperately Seeking slug relief on dahlias!
- To: Multiple recipients of list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Desperately Seeking slug relief on dahlias!
- From: "John I. Jones" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:37:03 +0000
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jan Clark wrote:
> Dennis B wrote:
> >> Here in Buffalo, NY, it's mighty dry, but the dahlias are mulched.
> Slug pellets have worked as well as anything.
> This is something I've never tried. It must cost quite a bit to mulch
> your dahlias with slug pellets Dennis. :-}
> (Sorry folks, but I couldn't let an opportunity like that pass me by)
> I did see a garden show the other day where they were putting down
> grapefruit shells, and collecting them each day, filled with slugs. You
> have to 'do away' with the slugs youself, and remember, if you drop them
> over the neighbors fence, they will come back.
> If you use snail pellets PLEASE put them where children and animals
> cannot get them.
> We have a short period of time (around 6-8 weeks) when the snails and
> slugs cause a lot of trouble, then the little skinks come out of
> hybernation and gobble them all up. Aint nature wonderful?
> Jan Clark, in Australia