Re: Desperately Seeking slug relief on dahlias!
- To: Multiple recipients of list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Desperately Seeking slug relief on dahlias!
- From: "John I. Jones" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:43:06 +0000
- References: <01IYOK2D4LJI9ZNG8U@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU>
> The slug pellets I've been using dissolved, or became a mush, upon getting
> damp. The instructions suggest watering before, or after putting them around
> the plants. The box says that pets won't pick them up after they've been
> dampened. Indeed, like alfalfa pellets, they integrate into the surrounding
> soil, and etc. AND they work around my marigolds, which, without slug
> pellets, disappear overnight!
> the snail pellets don't seem to deter the rabbits, of which there is at
> least one adult and at least one offspring. Any pellets good against them???
> The (*&)_(&^)*^% cat won't go outside, or if she does, she hides under
> the porch till someone rescues her....
> I didn't put snail pellets out in early spring... wish I had, I think the
> snails weakened the iris...
> VERY FUNNY on the slug pellet mulch!!
> Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY