Re: Desperately Seeking slug relief on dahlias!
- To: Multiple recipients of list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Desperately Seeking slug relief on dahlias!
- From: "John I. Jones" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:56:27 +0000
- References: <199806261710.MAA00674@newman.myriad.net>
Dan and Katherine Roberts wrote:
> I hope I'm doing this (sending to the right place) right since Mr.
> Jones has been so wonderfully working around the Listserv outage.
> First, thank you very much for such a wonderful slug "solution" (pun
> intended <G>). Second, does anyone have any idea whether the vinegar
> and water also works on the roly-poly (they roll into a ball when they
> get touched) bugs? The slug and snail pellets are supposed to kill
> them too, or so we've been told. But it seems like we live right on
> top of a *huge* roly-poly mound or something, because there seems to
> be no end in sight. When it gets as dry ass it has gotten in Texas
> recently the rotten little bugs even invade our house looking for
> water, and they like to eat my iris rhizomes! Even if the vinegar and
> water solution doesn't help, does anyone have any other suggestions?
> Katherine Roberts
> Bryan, Texas
> Zone 8 where we've already behind by a 1/3 on average rainfall.