Re: overseas shipping

Hi Griff,
We don't seem to have any problems importing, in fact none, other than phyto certs. It might be difficult for the overseas folks to ship here but the acquisition on this end is easy. Getting iris out to other countries is extremely difficult, especially those with quarantine requirements. Two years ago we couldn't ship anything to EU countries as they had put up an insurmountable barrier. That was eased last year a bit but required inspections of the gardens 3 times per year by a Dept. of Ag official. Hopefully everybody has their head on straight now and things will go smoothly both ways.... We were told that a large part of the problem is that iris are such a small crop $$wise that not many resources or effort is focused on the problems. I guess we will just have to make iris a much bigger crop....:-)
Mike Sutton