Re: Re: overseas shipping

Mike, Christian, Griff, et al,

To date; the information coming in to AIS is very
informal. As with everything it is dependent on
individuals. Am I hearing that Mike and Christian
might be willing to assimilate this information for
the society? At present I am unaware of any committee
in AIS that would accomplish this probably because no
one has volunteered. I do know that we do have some
laisons with other plant societies that have been
working on these issues. If such a committee were
created, it would be at the request of the president.
This thought would probably not come up unless their
were people willing to do the work. I am not a member
of the Perennial Plant Nurserymen's organization but
commercial groups like that seem to be more on top of
these things. The North American Rock Garden Society
has a person who has been following the import/export
problems. Since most members of this forum are
probably bored with this i would suggest caring on a
discussion off list so we could see what degree we are
interested in working on this.