Re: CULT: Iris Borer Control

Contact sprays only kill borers for the few hours they may be on the  outside
of the iris leaves. Since they hatch at various times, it is almost
impossible to kill borers that way.
Controlled burning is normally done in the fall. Spring burning could  damage
new shoots coming up. We don't use burning because it would destroy our
plastic labels. Cleaning up all dried leaves, weeds and other debris in the fall
will cut down on the amount of borer eggs left to hatch in the spring.
Dorothy Willott in Northeast Ohio