Re: Re: Iris Borer

Chuck, how do you protect your Markers when you burn?

Rita Gormley
Gormley Greenery
10606 Timber Ridge Street
Dubuque, IA 52001-8268
563-513-0504

In a message dated 03/17/08 12:42:05 Central Daylight Time, irischapman writes:
I burn foliage in spring, just as soon as foliage is dry enough to
burn. Plants may look awfull after burn, but  plants bounce back
quickly. I have a series of photos of Siberian iris spring burn,
showing foliage before burn, the burning,  after with the charded
remains, several of growth through the season, and plants in full bloom
 at proper time.  I also burn large TB clumps, same result. Not only
does it kill borers, but also weed seeds around plant, which are weed
free in spring where fire  extended.