Re: REF: online checklist

On Mar 25, 2008, at 10:53 AM, Linda Mann wrote:

Pasting as a table into Word Perfect, then converting the table to text worked when I did it for only a few entries, but the entire rebloom checklist choked my poor computer to death.

I have never used WP

Just curious, what software are you using now to avoid the special character problems?

I use the Mac TextEdit. Most of the work is now done in the database. I had to create a few new algorithms to get the data ready for output to a tabbed text file. Once that is done I use TextEdit to combine the several data files ( Check List and older R&I entries, the names of the current R&I, and reserved names) into a single file. Fix the "curly quotes" problem, and then upload.

(Remember that the AIS restricts what I can make available in the irisregister database - Don't write to me about it write to the AIS - I suggest the AIS First VP since Roy is pretty busy)

John