Thanks for your input. I haven't yet purchased any of those iris on my list of possibilities yet, so I don't have Timbertone (yet). I'm looking for really good parent plants so I'll probably skip getting Timbertone based on your lack of success.

Best Regards,
John

At 03:48 PM 3/25/2008, you wrote:
Hi John

Iron Eagle, Barbara My Love and Bride's Blush are wonderful parents. Barry
Blyth has used Decadence a lot, with great results.
I'm surprised you have Timbertone, as very little of it had been sent to
USA. I've not had much success with it as a parent.

Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills
South Australia

www.impressiveirises.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of John
Gwilliam
Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2008 8:27 AM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: [iris] Looking for Good Parents

I'm new to the hobby of hybridizing irises and am trying to decide on
some irises to add to my garden for that purpose. The process is
pretty overwhelming due to the large number to choose from.  My main
interest is TB although I do have a fewFollowing is a partial list of
some that I'm interested in.  If any of you have had good ( or bad )
experiences using any of these as pollen or pod parents I'd like to
hear from you.

Best Regards and thanks in advance,
John Gwilliam
Tempe Arizona  Zone 9