Barbara Null
Tyler, TX  zone 7b/8a
Good morning:
Oh, happy day.  This first PCI bloomed yesterday.  It is drop dead gorgeous.
Oh, sad day.  I am not going to the convention after all.  I had promised to
bring PCI iris and am sending 5 pots with the president of our club.  3 of a
pale blue and 2 of a coffee-colored both of which have done well here for many
I have burned a large bed in front in late winter a couple of times.  It is a
mixed bed and contains several bearded iris, buddhlea, mini crepe myrtles,
one rose, one camelia, rock rose, verbena, and lots of other things.  The only
plant I killed was the rose.  I saved the camellia on the first burn by a
constant stream of water and it has finally recovered.  The second burn was this
winter and I didn't allow it to go that far.  Everything else seems unscathed
(including weeds).