stunted and distorted iris
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: stunted and distorted iris
  • From: Eugene Baxley <baxleyeugene@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 15:07:17 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you to all answered my question about stunted and distorted iris in
Digest 1415. It seems to me that the problem was cuased by malnutrition, but
the malnutrition may have been caused by soaking the rhizomes in a bleach
solution that was too strong or for to long. Some of the order were
affectedand some were not. That can be explained easily. When a large batch of
rhizomes are being soaked in bleach solution, whether mixed right or too
strong, rhizomes at the bottom of the container will stay in the solution a
good bit longer than those rhizomes at the top of the container. Thus, some of
and order could be right and the rest could be over done. I am contacting the
seller to see what they did.

Thanksagain,

E. Baxley