Re: HYB: genetics - line & speckle vs plic (from FB)
  • Subject: Re: HYB: genetics - line & speckle vs plic (from FB)
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:57:03 -0400 (EDT)

Ae and I interact in dosage effects. In all irir that they are in. For instance Forever Blue has both. Cross Forever Blue t oa white or yellow (for example) and you will get some purple seedlings, where you get Ae without I.

The plicata alleles are totally recessive, so don't show any partial effects as with a partial dominant.

Different combinations of pl, pl-lu and pl-gl will show different patterns, even without I being present. So what you have after anthrocyanin is removed from all but center areas of petals (falls) will also be different patterns. So basically as many patterns with anthrocyanin in center of falls as there are plicata variations with anthrocyanin on rest of flower.

Chuck Chapman