Re: HIST: ROOTS - HIPS journal

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] HIST: ROOTS - HIPS journal
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 20:06:57 -0500

My copy of ROOTS landed here in Texas today.  It reminded me of the delight
in a new (for me) historic that is blooming this week.  Called GOLD OF
OPHIR, it has a remarkably extensive and sharp set of veining over the
falls.  There is a white area below the beards on a gold/yellow ground, but
the veins are strong and ignore the background color and run out with less
and less intensity, never reaching the edge of the falls.  Quite nice!  It
doesn't quite match the catalog description because that made no mention of
the veining, it's most noticeable and distinctive feature.  I hope it can
take our weather.  It soared past 100 today.  I hope that's not an
indication of what our summer has in store for us.  Far to early to be that
hot.  The irises in bloom this morning were pretty much melted by the time I
got home this p.m.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA