Re: TB: Question

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: Question
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 21:09:25 -0600

> From: blueseawitch2000 <Blueseawitch@aol.com>
> I am wondering if someone will help me find a description and picture
> of six Irises growing in my garden so I can identify them.  I know
> that the names are:  Magic Hope,  Rocky Mountain High, Jewel
> Starlight,Congrats, Fortune Teller and Mary Madrigal.

Sharon,

I cannot help you with pictures, but here are descriptions of the irises I
believe you are referring to from the AIS Checklists:

MAGIC HOPE (Jim Gibson, 1983) TB 40" Midseason. Ruffled and laced
yellow-orange ground plicata, stitched brownish-purple; deeper tone on
falls, which are edged with orange; yellow tipped beard.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH (Frank Foster, 1981) TB 34" Midseason. Heavily ruffled
and fluted white; yellow beard.

JEWELED STARLIGHT (Jim Burch, 1980) TB 45" Midseason-Late. Yellow
standards, white falls with gold hafts and 1/4" gold rim; orange beard.

CONGRATULATIONS (Keith Keppel, 1983) TB 35" Midseason. Blue standards with
violet flush on midrib; pansy violet falls, slightly lighter toward edge;
blue beard tipped yellow.

FORTUNE TELLER (Glenn Corlew, 1986) TB 32" Midseason. Warm white standards;
Falls white with violet plicata marking intensifying at hafts; white beard
tipped yellow.

MERRY MADRIGAL (Sanford Babson, 1982) TB 37" Midseason. Lemon cream
standards; falls lavender over cream, edged cream; pale yellow beard.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.