Re: CULT: Alfalfa Pellets

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Alfalfa Pellets
  • From: "John Bruce" <jbruce1@cinci.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:09:35 -0400

Hi Rosalie--

I have been deep tilling this ground for 12 years--noting like what I got
after using this batch of alfalfa. However, I misspoke when I said pellets.
Our feed store carries the cubes--1"x1"x2"-- of coarse alfalfa. It isn't
ground up, simply crushed and compressed, along with whatever else
the combine chopped down during harvest. They were out of pellets, and
substituted these cubes. The weeds were things not indigenous to the area,
plus a big tipoff--alfalfa. I still use alfalfa, jut never the cubes again.
jb
John Bruce  jbruce1@cinci.rr.com
Hidden Acres Iris Gardens
http://home.cinci.rr.com/hiddenacres