Re: Cult- Red Iris

--- In iris-talk@y..., "Kitty & Bruce Loberg" <loberg@p...> wrote:
>    I've got to ask you Chuck.   What does "strappy" mean? <grin>
I wasn't
> sure if you meant the falls are narrow, or what?
> You do say the falls droop, which I suppose means they fall, but
isn't that
> what a fall does... fall?     So I was just trying
> to picture in my mind, what you meant, 'cause the more I try to
think about
> it, the more I'm sure I'm not creating the correct mental
picture.    I'm
> quite sure I've never called any iris strappy, so maybe this term is
> something I want to use? <grin>  I have been heard to use the
term "shouts
> out at you", though!
> Kitty Loberg
> Northern Calif.
>
> > The best two  red TBs in my garden are War Chief and Sheba's
Queen. Both
> are strong growers and good performers. >Sheba's Queen (Bernice
Miller '88)
> is a startling red colour, the best color I have seen in TBs. It
has short
> branches, is >strappy and the falls are a bit droopy, but it blooms
for four
> weeks and shouts out "look at me" in the garden. All garden
>visiters notice
> it.
> > Chuck Chapman, Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Zone 4/5

By strappy I mean long and narrow, rather then current standards
which are more or less equal width and length. Current standards
(sic) for falls is flare or semi flare. Drooping is more downward
declined then currently is seen in introductions.

Chuck Chapman, Guelph, Ontario

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.