Re: HYB: crossing plicatas with nonplicatas

  • Subject: Re: HYB: crossing plicatas with nonplicatas
  • From: "pinkirises" <pbrooks@whidbey.net>
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 17:47:34 -0000

Thank you so much, John:  just the news I was hoping for.  There are
so many desirable (to me, for my hyb purposes) beards on plicatas I
ordered for this year's crossing, in the hope that I can change the
beards of some pinks that way.  I can't wait!

Patricia Brooks
Whidbey Island, WA, where it persists with rain and temps of 50s
highs and 40s lows.  This is overdoing a moderate climate!  The
dwarfs have been lovely, but only 3 TBs so far, and none show visible
pollen.  Sigh.  Last year's seeds are struggling to germinate.  At
least they're getting plenty of water!

--- In iris-talk@y..., jpvhook@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 4/30/02 6:36:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> pbrooks@w... writes:
> > Patricia ,
> >
> >     When crossing to non-Pl you will get no Pl.  Unless the non-
Pl parent
> > is a carrier.  All the seedlings from a cross of non-Pl to a Pl
will carry
> > the Pl gene !!!
> > I like this type of cross the seedlins are stronger.
> >
> >            John Van Hook
> >       Zone 6 Somerset,Ky.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.