Re: TB: Question

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: Question
  • From: Carol Canfield <Carolcc5@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:36:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sharon:
Magic Hope(Gibson, '84)M. 36" is described in an old
Cooley's catalogue as, "a ruffled and laced plicata,
yellow-orange ground, burgundy-purple stitching,
deeper on falls.  Edged orange. Yellow tipped beard."
My own comments:  I *hate* this color but the form is,
by my standards, absolutely perfect.

Rocky Mountain High(F.Foster, '81)M. 34" heavily
ruffled and fluted white.

Fortune Teller(Corlew, '86)E. 32" plicata with "warm
white standards and violet stippling on the falls."
The photo show that the stippling is very slight
around the edge of the falls, a lttle heavier on the
shoulders.

Jeweled Starlight - "light yellow standards, white
falls".

Congratulations(Keppel, '82)M. 35" F "Pansy-violet
falls, deeper in center, paling toward the edges,
beneath blue standards flushed violet on the midribs.
Blue beards tipped yellow. Slightly sweet fragrance."
I'm assuming that this might be your Congrats.

All of the above information came from Cooley's 1995
catalogue.  I'm sorry I don't have knowledge of, other
than it's name, or a description of Merry Madrigal.

Hope this helps you!

Carol,  in up and down central TX, 84 degrees and we
need rain! Where Donald is in Eastland, it is in the
50's after being past 100 yesterday.  Irises do have
to be tough to grow in all our climates!

--- blueseawitch2000 <Blueseawitch@aol.com> wrote:
> I am sorry that my first post was incorrect with the
> wrong tag line.
> I hope that I have done the tag-line right this
> time!  If not, I do
> apologize!!
>
> I am wondering if someone will help me find a
> description and picture
> of six Irises growing in my garden so I can identify
> them.  I know
> that the names are:  Magic Hope,  Rocky Mountain
> High, Jewel
> Starlight,Congrats, Fortune Teller and Mary
> Madrigal.
>
> I need to move these but I want to label them with
> the correct names.
> Can you please contact me privately at
> Blueseawitch@aol.com?
>
> Thank you!