Re: TB: ISLAND DANCER, CROWNED HEADS, etc.

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: ISLAND DANCER, CROWNED HEADS, etc.
  • From: GardnrJan1@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 15:15:52 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/2002 1:36:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oneofcultivars@aol.com writes:

> > ISLAND DANCER, LONELY HEARTS,  and ATLANTA BELLE are
> > blooming out (iris suicide).

I'll contribute about ISLAND DANCER.    This one just produced two puny
incraeses and has not yet bloomed, second year.    CROWNED HEADS was super
last year, bloom wise...but it was the first bloom on it, and now it is also
sitting there and  I think I saw one increase on one of the two rhizomes i
have...hope it's just getting "acclimated"....hmmm.     On the other hand
CARACAS has a lovely and big bright flower on it today,  although it suffered
in the leaf spot department (a good grower too,  nice increases right away).
  Now in the "how close to black" department,
CHIPPEWA BRAVE has remarkably dark falls...so deep maroon/brown it is VERY
close to black.    I'll post a picture to iris-photos, it's lovely.

Janet Natale
zone 8 of SC, after pouring rain yesterday but getting passed over again
today, so far.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.