OT-PLANTS:Amorphophallus Titanum

  • Subject: OT-PLANTS:Amorphophallus Titanum
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:57:14 -0500

Let's see now.....the bloom weighs 165 pounds, blood red, it's odor has
caused people to faint, lasts only three days, aka the 'corpse flower' due
to the odor, native to Sumatra, and now blooming at London's Kew Gardens.
Hurry, hurry - maybe you can still catch it!  Isn't the plant world a
marvelous conglomeration of form and methods?

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA  - I don't think I want to grow an eight foot smeller (I
have a ten inch one that has rarely bloomed but sent me backtracking away
from it in a hurry when the odor wafted toward me when it did bloom and I
got downwind in the excitement at seeing the blooming thing), but find it

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.