Re: CULT: Alfalfa Pellets

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Alfalfa Pellets
  • From: "Racheal Nekuda" <lilylvr@kansas.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 20:05:36 -0700

Hi Rosalie,

I can tell you from experience that the amount of weeds depends highly on how it is milled and then where it is stored. If now milled at high enough temperature the weed seeds survive. Even at a temperature that kills weeds if stored in a dirty bin weeds can come up. Last year I had some milo in my feedbags and this year there was quite a bit of wheat and 2 stalks of corn showed up. Easy enough to pull out if caught early but both grow like gangbusters in garden loam.