OT-BIO: Beginner suggestions

  • Subject: OT-BIO: Beginner suggestions
  • From: "soapquiltknit" <soapquiltknit@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 01:41:06 -0000

Hi, I'm new here.  I went to Argyle Acres with a friend last weekend
and I'm ready to try some iris.

I guess my first question is how much sun do they HAVE to have?  My
yard is pretty shady and pretty full as dh is the resident gardener
with hundreds of Japanese maples and azaleas.  But I could make a bed
for iris at the farm if needed.

Second question is what varieties should I start with?  I live in
north central Texas, zone 8.  I did some searching in the archives
for beginners lists but struck out.  Tell me what to search for and
I'll give it another go if it's already out there.  The blues and
purples are my favorites.  Suggestions for good doers in my area?

Jeri

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.