RE:cult how do you grow iris

  • Subject: RE:cult how do you grow iris
  • From: "Judy Eckhoff" <judye@msinter.net>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 06:07:46 -0500

I have iris growing both ways, in a regular perennial garden and raised beds
of iris alone. I love having bloom in the garden spring thru fall but find
the gardens with just iris easier to care for. The majority of my iris
(700+) are in a regular garden setting but weeding them is difficult. In the
other "just iris beds", weeds can be controlled by pre-emergence. I don't
find any difference as far as rot or leaf spot goes.  As time permits, more
iris will be placed in raised "iris alone" beds and the perennial area will
shrink to a more manageable area.

Hope this helps someone
Judy Eckhoff
Haven, KS