Re: How do YOU grow irises?

  • Subject: Re: How do YOU grow irises?
  • From: "rshadlow" <rshadlow@wildmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 05:15:24 -0000

I have iris growing both in dedicated beds and mixed beds.  In the
mixed beds, I always try and place them in the center of the bed so
that I can have some of the lower growing annuals and perennials in
bloom after the irises are finished.  I now have rebloomers growing
in some of the mixed beds, but I may make a separate rebloomers bed
this fall.

I did plant many iris in the narrow strip between the sidewalk and
the street.  I was a little worried about them here because of the
salt.  But they have done very well in spite of poor soil (bad
clay)  I keep telling the neighbors that its easier to grow iris
than to mow :^}

Robin Shadlow
Zone 4B/5  where the SB's have finally started blooming!  Baby
Blessed is named very appropriately.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.