REB:Chanteuse and not so good fragrance

  • Subject: REB:Chanteuse and not so good fragrance
  • From: "Bob & Donna Lockman" <thelockmans@tntie.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 20:49:21 -0400

This iris bloomed this week for me, although ,not very generously. I haven't had it rebloom for me yet. Of course I am in z7/8 and I believe the 1998 Cumulative Checklist of Reblooming Iris mentions that it reblooms in z9. Is it just me or does it have a strong unpleasant oder to the blossom? It is not one I would pick and bring inside for a vase. Would you? Is there anything to be added to soil or such that would help the fragrance? Probably a silly question for sure!
Donna Lockman
z7/8 NC

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.