Re: Re:Show: "Double" Best Specimen

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re:Show: "Double" Best Specimen
  • From: BigAlligator@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 21:11:06 EDT

ThomasPGormley@aol.com writes:

Rita,
<< On May 8, 1993, Kevin Gormley won Best Specimen Youth with DAZZLING GOLD"
and also won Best Specimen of the Show - he was 15 then and very excited.  >>

     I didn't know if that had ever happened before or not.  I am glad Kevin
did that.  Truthfully, I wish it would happen more often...

<<Ironically, he was one of the Judges at the Washington Iris Club show
 yesterday where Stephanie did her great accomplishment!  Congrats to a great
 job and to a very gracious young lady as winner.>>

     I bet Kevin was glad to see this happen again.  Stephanie is a wonderful
person, and if it were not for her, I would no longer be tinkering with
Irises down here.  When I mentioned Daylilies on pots, she asked me if it
would work with Irises...   I modified the technique...  Today, BLATANT and
FEEDBACK are blooming...

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida, USA