Newbie needing help...

  • Subject: Newbie needing help...
  • From: "tan0301" <tan0301@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 14:48:34 -0000

I just joined the group  glad to have found you all.  Hubby and I got
really into Iris last year and joined and Iris Society.  Most of our
Iris were planted last year but we were having a nice amount of bloom
stalks being put up.  Here's my problem... we flooded this past
wednesday,  Iris uprooted all over the place.  We have them planted
back.  Most blooms were broken off, the leaves were in terrible
shape.  I trimmed the worse off of the leaves.  Here's my question,
would a shot of fertilizer help take some of the stress off these
plants or would it make it worse???  I fertilized in March.  Hubby
was so anxious to see the blooms he made me leave what stalks
survived, should they be cut off to keep from stressing the plants?
The flood really made a mess of everything.  I have pictures if
anyone would like to see...

I have two words for everyone GARDEN MAPS!  LOL  all my plant markers
washed out if it hadn't been for the maps, we would have been in a
terrible mess... Make those maps, print them out, save them on your
hard drive them save them to disk... can't be too careful.

Also, hubby is crossing iris this year.  What is the best way to
store the seeds.  Everything I read says something different.  The
more I read the more confused I get.

Thanks for your help -- Tanya  zone 5

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.