Re: Newbie needing help...

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Newbie needing help...
  • From: "John Bruce" <jbruce1@cinci.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:06:14 -0400

I would not fertilize. An already stressed plant probably does
not need the added stress of trying to produce growth. Bearded
iris are not heavy feeders, and the nutrients probably still
remain in the soil from your earlier feeding. They are replanted,
just let sun and time do their work.
John Bruce  jbruce1@cinci.rr.com
Hidden Acres Iris Gardens
SW Ohio,USDA Zone 5b

  plants or would it make it worse???  I fertilized in March.  Hubby
  was so anxious to see the blooms he made me leave what stalks
  survived, should they be cut off to keep from stressing the plants?

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.